Skip to main content

Economic Impact Payment – Payee Information

Dear clients of SKJ & Company, P.S.:
Our office is receiving a large number of inquiries about Economic Impact Payment (EIP), we are writing to share information on what actions our clients to take in order to receive EIP. The eligible payment information amount can be found here:
(EIP Info:
Note: The following information applies to individuals who have not yet received but eligible for EIP. Currently, no additional EIP can be requested on payment that has already received.
You do not need to take any actions if you:

  • Receive SSA or SSI Payment through bank deposits;

  • Filed either 2018 or 2019 tax returns and received refund through direct deposit for one of the years; or

  • Have not yet filed 2019 return but 2018 refund was received through direct deposit.

Please take actions if any of the following applies:

  • If you are not required to file neither 2018 nor 2019 return,

    • Register your information as non-filer on IRS webpage (Link below)

    • DO NOT register as non-filer if you are

      • A dependent of another person

        • If an adult-child registers as a non-filer, parents can no longer claim themselves as a dependent.

        • This also means that any college tuition incurred can no longer be claimed on parents’ tax return.

      • If you ARE REQUIRED to file 2018 or 2019 tax return

  • If you have already filed 2018 and 2019 tax return but you received no tax refund through direct deposit

  • If you filed 2018 tax return but not yet for 2019, and there was no refund direct deposit for 2019

Additional information

  • If you were trying to access EIP status but you receive Payment Status Not Available message

    • Wait until you receive a check in the mail; or

    • File your 2019 tax return as soon as possible.

  • If your address has changed since last tax return filed,

    • File 2019 return with the new address, if not yet filed.

    • We do not recommend filing Form 8822.

      • Form 8822 takes long time to process.

      • Check if you have requested for mail forwarding service.

      • Unfortunately, our office does not have a way to change address on clients’ behalf.

  • Please note, even if you have filed tax return but are claimed as a dependent of another person, you are not eligible for EIP.

    • Check if “Someone can claim you as a dependent” is marked on the first page of your tax return.

Thank you,
SKJ & Company, P.S.